3 LNB Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

code4code5

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
Aurora, CO
I'm still on the 3 LNB dish - I believe the Phase II that has three separate and distinct housings, not all three LNB's in one housing. Anyway, I'm having problems with the Sat A 13v connection. Every once in a while, and for no apparent reason, I'll loose my even transponders on Sat A. Of course, these happen to be the channels that I'm watching at the time. I'm usually able to get the signal back by going outside and either tightening or loosning the coax connector at the MS. All of the other test channels / signal meters are fine during the malfunction.
I've already replaced the cable from the 13v output of the LNB to the 13v input of the MS. No help there. Someone suggested a while back that I swittch the 13v and 18v connections between the LNB and the MS. That cleared up the problem for a while, but now it's baaaaaaaack. :yikes Any ideas?

Well, I've replaced the Sat A LNB too. Sorry, I forgot to mention that. It's got to be the multi-switch. Thanks.

code4code5 said:
I'm still on the 3 LNB dish - I believe the Phase II that has three separate and distinct housings, not all three LNB's in one housing. Anyway, I'm having problems with the Sat A 13v connection. Every once in a while, and for no apparent reason, I'll loose my even transponders on Sat A. Of course, these happen to be the channels that I'm watching at the time. I'm usually able to get the signal back by going outside and either tightening or loosning the coax connector at the MS. All of the other test channels / signal meters are fine during the malfunction.
I've already replaced the cable from the 13v output of the LNB to the 13v input of the MS. No help there. Someone suggested a while back that I swittch the 13v and 18v connections between the LNB and the MS. That cleared up the problem for a while, but now it's baaaaaaaack. :yikes Any ideas?

im curious , how did you differentiate between the 13v and 18v ports on the lnb?

Both the LNB and the MS are labled 18v and 13v. Also, if you tune to channels 490 and 491, you'll get the status of the 13v and 18v connections, respectively.

you have CORROSION on the wires, when you switched the wires, it drug off some of the corrosion, and it came right back within weeks.

correct.

the 13v port, HUH?

they are both 13 and 18 until the IRD or if you have a MULTISWITCH feed the correct current to switch the LNB to the correct voltage to view the channel you wish to view.
ok, on a phase 3 dish, 3 lnbs combined, 4 ports out......which is the 13v and which is the 18v????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

When will D* update this crappy D10 user interface?

What could be the problem here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)