2700a remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

havenx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
So I pluged my receiver in to make sure I have all my sats programed in there before my lnb comes in and I noticed my remote quit working.... I can't run my 2700a w/o a remote. Does anyone have an extra that they might part with for a cost?

I put new batteries in it and the same thing... The lil light at the end of the remote lights up like it should but nothing happens on the receiver.... It's weird. I am thinking that maybe the remote got to hot -I left it in my car... The receiver was in there too, I sure hope that part is still good.... I have been trying to figure out a way to test if any sig is being put out by the remote, however I am not having much luck finding a way to test it.

Want an easy way to test your remote? If you have a camcorder what you want to do is aim your remote right into the camcorder lens and press buttons. If you're doing this alone hook up the camcorder to the tv and watch the tv while you press buttons on the remote. If you see flashing your remote is good. Hey just a quick thought the 2700 remote isnt universal is it? If it is maybe hit the STB button?

TreDEE said:
Want an easy way to test your remote? If you have a camcorder what you want to do is aim your remote right into the camcorder lens and press buttons. If you're doing this alone hook up the camcorder to the tv and watch the tv while you press buttons on the remote. If you see flashing your remote is good. Hey just a quick thought the 2700 remote isnt universal is it? If it is maybe hit the STB button?

STB button, WHAT! WHAT! WHAT! you gotta be joking, oh wait, your not joking. I forgot all about that little button. I was pressing the sat/tv button... I pressed the STB button like you said and BINGO!

Thanks TreDee, that did the trick :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pansat 2700 with fortec star

Lower signal when motoring from the west

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)