211 lost HD authorization this A.M.?

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
Has anyone that owns a 211 and started getting the new channels yesterday afternoon lose HD authorization on their 211 around 6:15am this morning?
I checked this morning and all channels were still there and then all of a sudden they were gone:( . They were in "red" and said call dish for authorization. I called TS and he sent another hit to receiver and got them back after a fashion. He could NOT however upgrade my HD package from HD + original Voom to the new package with everything. He said they were having computer problems. I had to leave to work so I guess I will see if they are on when I get home.. Gerry
ps: my initial thoughts were that they sent a deactivation signal to all mpeg4 units in order to make you call but I don't see anyone else here mentioning that this happen to them.

ggw2000 said:
Has anyone that owns a 211 and started getting the new channels yesterday afternoon lose HD authorization on their 211 around 6:15am this morning?
I checked this morning and all channels were still there and then all of a sudden they were gone:( . They were in "red" and said call dish for authorization. I called TS and he sent another hit to receiver and got them back after a fashion. He could NOT however upgrade my HD package from HD + original Voom to the new package with everything. He said they were having computer problems. I had to leave to work so I guess I will see if they are on when I get home.. Gerry
ps: my initial thoughts were that they sent a deactivation signal to all mpeg4 units in order to make you call but I don't see anyone else here mentioning that this happen to them.

Yes that happened to me this morning. I called and they reactivated my receiver. The tech said this was a typical call this morning. My guess is people will realize this tonight when they get home from work. I thought I had to call an order a metallic package, but the tech said I did not. I noticed the software was updated to L262 from 261 after the call and there are some new features like you can change the aspect ratio with the page up and down button like the 811 remote. Befor I had to use the * button. Don't know yet what else is new.

Thanks!

jKp said:
Yes that happened to me this morning. I called and they reactivated my receiver. The tech said this was a typical call this morning. My guess is people will realize this tonight when they get home from work. I thought I had to call an order a metallic package, but the tech said I did not. I noticed the software was updated to L262 from 261 after the call and there are some new features like you can change the aspect ratio with the page up and down button like the 811 remote. Befor I had to use the * button. Don't know yet what else is new.

I was hoping I wasn't the only one that this happen to. I did not have time to check S/W version but did notice that when I hit the "format" button that a popup came up and said I could use the "page up" key.
Why on earth would they push a S/W upgrade on the day of new channels? Got to love these people;) . I will check when I get home to make sure I didn't lose them again (hope not).
When you talked to tech support, did he indicate when we need to call and upgrade our packages for the 211?
Thanks, Gerry

ggw2000 said:
I was hoping I wasn't the only one that this happen to. I did not have time to check S/W version but did notice that when I hit the "format" button that a popup came up and said I could use the "page up" key.
Why on earth would they push a S/W upgrade on the day of new channels? Got to love these people;) . I will check when I get home to make sure I didn't lose them again (hope not).
When you talked to tech support, did he indicate when we need to call and upgrade our packages for the 211?
Thanks, Gerry

I talked to a CSR first and she didn't know what was going on. She said I did not have to call an order a new package, the tech told me the same thing. Only new subs have to order a new package? I tried to sneak into the HD LA locals, but I live in NORCAL and they would not hook me up. Said my market would be added soon. On a different note I checked my statement online and noticed my $49 fee to swap the 811 for the 211 was credited back to my account, so the swap was free.

jKp said:
Now the new 7 channels are red, and tech can't fix it. Anyone else?

Don't know since I don't have the 211 or 622. Did you upgrade to the new "metal" package? That's the only thing I can think of. Maybe their system is finally getting around to blocking out to those not on the new packages?

Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine.

Spoke to an advanced tech, I had to order new metallic package. It took 3 calls to dish but All fixed now.

Last edited:
Now my sd channels are out. Tech said they are having problems, there were not supposed to give out metal packages yet until bugs are worked out. They said engineers are working on it now. Are your SD's red.

So whats the verdict, are the 7 new HD's supposed to be red on a mpeg4 receiver subbed to old HD pack/voom pack or not? I dont want to upgrade to the $30 pack just to get them now if its supposed to be grandfathered into the old price (I thought it was).

They are not supposed to sell metallic packages UNTIL ALL THE BUGS ARE WORKED OUT???

They have already gone into production. When were they expecting to have the bugs worked out?

Let's see now ...

Some 211s have HDMI problems that need a few software bugs worked out.

The 622s can't be shipped in volume due to a chip problem that needs a few bugs worked out.

And you can't actually buy the new channels even if you have a working 211 or 411 because the programming and the computer have a few bugs to work out.

Outside of this, it has been a very smooth rollout. All of about 10-20 people are sitting in their homes enjoying new HD programming.

ggw2000 said:
It happened to me. I had to call this morning. All channels returned. When I got home from work this evening, the new channels were in red. They had to erase my old "codes" and put in that I was now HD Platinum instead of AE+HD+VOOM. That seemed to fix it.:)

Called dish again. They just had to re-authorize my Standard def channels. The info from the last tech about bugs in the system I Guess was wrong or they fixed the problem?

Back to Red?

leegart said:
It happened to me. I had to call this morning. All channels returned. When I got home from work this evening, the new channels were in red. They had to erase my old "codes" and put in that I was now HD Platinum instead of AE+HD+VOOM. That seemed to fix it.:)

Got home tonight and all the new channels were there in the guide, a couple minutes later they all turned red:eek: . Called dish CSR and she couldn't figure it out- Transferred to tech support and he couldn't get them back either. He said he was turning it over to a special group and I would get a call in 24-48 hours:mad: . I asked him twice if I needed to upgrade to a metal package and he said no. I might call back later and try again.... Gerry

New here! Got a lease question

New channels added to Dish Latino Max

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)