2024 Fall college sports - streaming or DISH?

snissen

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2006
southern MN
OK, the Olympics are over (except for the Paralympics, starting the last week in August), and I'm ready for some fall college sports. (Women's soccer, mostly.) With the consolidation of the college sports conferences like the Big Ten and ACC, and with teams moving all around, I have no idea where to watch anything.

But at first glance, it looks like most games are being shown only on new streaming networks: BTN+, SEC+, ACC Extra, FloFC, and the old, reliable ESPN+. Is this true? Will these new college sports networks be available as part of general purpose streamers like Peacock, Hulu, Paramount+, etc.?

As for my beloved DISH: Will the sports channels in my DISH plan (ESPNU, CBSSN, ACCN, SEC, BIG10) carry any live college sports anymore? Maybe not until the semifinals of the conference or NCAA championships?

Can anyone recommend a good online article that explains the new college sports streaming networks, what is where, and what they cost?

Am I the only casual sports fan who is confused?

Reactions: Foxbat
For the most part the streaming options you list like B1G+ SEC + and so on are far from new.
Well, they're new to me. A year ago, I didn't need streaming to get many college soccer games. And it looks like BTN, ACCN, SEC, and ESPNU will still be showing some, not requiring streaming.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Watching 4K HDR programing via a 4K Joey

Wally W580 update --- bad!