2010 NCAA Football Season

No one can convince me BSU has any business getting in a BCS game. Over the weekend I saw Sabam state it similar to the Gameday crew. BSU has talent however the need to get up for one or two ranked teams. However unlike Big Ten, SEC, ACC or Pac-10 teams they don't face 4-6 ranked teams.

1. There is no one on ESPN that is without the "eastern" bias and concious of the monetary considerations that cloud their judgement (in toto, I don't know of anyone on ESPN that isn't full of *%$).

2. The fact that Boise kicked Alabama's butt in a BCS game may have clouded his judgement (besides the fact his statement didn't make sense). :D:D:D

3. Noticed FSU was ranked and didn't come close to giving OU the game that Utah State (recently a doormat in the WAC) did.
Tells us a lot about the early season rankings doesn't it.

4. The gap between the top teams and those on the lower rung has narrowed greatly the last few years. No one can afford to take a week off. No matter what conference you are in, your opponents know you well and aren't afraid of you and for the most part will make you pay attention.

You know, the more I think about it, the two teams with the best shot at the MNC would be tOSU and Boise St. I think the Buckeyes will get there because the have much more talent than anyone remaining on their schedule, and Boise St. should get there because they have such a lame remaining schedule to lose with the talent they have. Although a possibility, the odds of Bama getting past their remaining schedule, plus a conference championship game, are against them (especially doing it 2 years in a row).

What say the masses? :)

No way in hell a one loss SEC Champion Bama team gets beat out by a undefeated Boise team for the NC game.

When did this happen? I don't ever remember Boise playing Alabama in a BCS game.

My mistake, thinking of the Utah game. Point is, Saban was trying to diss both WAC and MWC when he'd lost a big game to one of them (and yes, I've heard all the excuses). Boise did win 2 BCS games - I know everyone remembers Oklahoma and last year against TCU in game they set up so as not to embarrass any of the BCS conferences (especially the Big East and ACC).

Just tired of the opinions about the WAC and MWC based only on bias and not performance. Granted there are some very weak teams in both conferences, but there are in every conference, but the top teams can play with anyone and they have proven it. With the MWC realignment next year, there is no valid argument that the Big East is more deserving of a BCS spot other than the TV market which many of you forget is the driving factor in this whole BCS fiasco.

My mistake, thinking of the Utah game. Point is, Saban was trying to diss both WAC and MWC when he'd lost a big game to one of them (and yes, I've heard all the excuses). Boise did win 2 BCS games - I know everyone remembers Oklahoma and last year against TCU in game they set up so as not to embarrass any of the BCS conferences (especially the Big East and ACC).

Just tired of the opinions about the WAC and MWC based only on bias and not performance. Granted there are some very weak teams in both conferences, but there are in every conference, but the top teams can play with anyone and they have proven it. With the MWC realignment next year, there is no valid argument that the Big East is more deserving of a BCS spot other than the TV market which many of you forget is the driving factor in this whole BCS fiasco.

If Boise State is so good why not play the bigger schools to prove they belong with them. They wanted 1 million just to play Nebraska. If they want to show they belong they need to play these schools for nothing (or just travel costs). You don't see any of the power schools asking for money to play other teams. If they want to belong with the rest play without demanding a huge paycheck. They are acting like a small time program with these type of demands.

If Boise State is so good why not play the bigger schools to prove they belong with them. They wanted 1 million just to play Nebraska. If they want to show they belong they need to play these schools for nothing (or just travel costs). You don't see any of the power schools asking for money to play other teams. If they want to belong with the rest play without demanding a huge paycheck. They are acting like a small time program with these type of demands.

Oh they went to Athens about 4 years and got there backside handed to them ten fold.

Utah beat Alabama one year or BSU beating OU doesn't mean they deserve. Remeber Hawaii's run to undefeated and people complained they deserved a title shot? What happened they got a whipping at the hands of Georgia. You want further proof look at the Sec record in BCS games and more specifically title games. They are undefeated.

The year Georgia whipped Hawaii was the year more people felt they got screwed than Utah, TCU or BSU did last year. Georgia got screwed on their own doing on not winning there division.

Again BSU doesn't deserve. I will listen Saban as he has the rings to prove he is damn good.

If I'm Georgia, I'd be a bit concerned about the Arkansas game.

Without AJ Green, they'll have to play out of their minds against the SEC's scariest thrower.

If I'm Georgia, I'd be a bit concerned about the Arkansas game.

Without AJ Green, they'll have to play out of their minds against the SEC's scariest thrower.

I am concerned. Richt reportedly is say he hopes to hear something tomorrow. Lets hope it is the suspension was dropped to two games. Saturday will be shootout like last year. Without AJ Green it maybe difficult but then again who would have thought Joe Cox will compete with Mallet last year.

You know, the more I think about it, the two teams with the best shot at the MNC would be tOSU and Boise St. I think the Buckeyes will get there because the have much more talent than anyone remaining on their schedule, and Boise St. should get there because they have such a lame remaining schedule to lose with the talent they have. Although a possibility, the odds of Bama getting past their remaining schedule, plus a conference championship game, are against them (especially doing it 2 years in a row).

What say the masses? :)

I am with most of the others. Even running the table, I do not feel that Boise would deserve a spot in the game over a one loss, perhaps even a two loss, SEC champ (or Big Ten).

They have a good team, and on a one game basis, they can play with anyone. They could not do it week in and week out though. Just my opinion.

I do hope that Bama goes undefeated, but with our schedule, and the CCG, going to be very hard to do (gonna be hard for any SEC school).

there is no valid argument that the Big East is more deserving of a BCS spot other than the TV market which many of you forget is the driving factor in this whole BCS fiasco.
The only reason the Big East is in the BCS in the first place is that the original Bowl Alliance pulled them in to get Miami on board.

Utah beat Alabama one year or BSU beating OU doesn't mean they deserve.
Then what does? They've shown they can play with the big boys.
So what if the Dawgs beat Hawaii? As the West Virginia fans kept gloating to me one year, the Dawgs can also lose to Big East teams.

If Alabama wants to get into the BCS game, all they have to do is win, nothing Boise St. does affects that. If 'bama loses, they have no one to blame but themselves. They are not the Big Ten, so no need to make up excuses for losing a game and whining that they get shut out of the Big Game because of it (and yes, Georgia was guilty of that a few years ago too).

If Boise State want to get into the BSC conversation they need to join a conference that has affiliates, not that hard at the moment, but they seem to not want to do that.

Boise State would be middle of the pack in the Big Ten and SEC.

Playing a conference schedule every week if MUCH harder than playing a team once a year.

Example, the University of Toledo, will play a Big Ten game most years, this year was Arizona, (not sure how that happened) anyways, they have wins over Penn State, Minnesota and probably a few others, but my point is, they CAN win the game from time to time, but that doesn't mean they can play in the Big Ten.

Then what does? They've shown they can play with the big boys.
So what if the Dawgs beat Hawaii? As the West Virginia fans kept gloating to me one year, the Dawgs can also lose to Big East teams.

If Alabama wants to get into the BCS game, all they have to do is win, nothing Boise St. does affects that. If 'bama loses, they have no one to blame but themselves. They are not the Big Ten, so no need to make up excuses for losing a game and whining that they get shut out of the Big Game because of it (and yes, Georgia was guilty of that a few years ago too).

True, all Bama has to do is win, and it is no ones fault if they dont.
I still do not think a one loss SEC/Big Ten (Ohio State) should be bumped in favor of Boise. Alot easier to go undefeated and be knocking at the door with their schedule IMO.

If Boise State want to get into the BSC conversation they need to join a conference that has affiliates, not that hard at the moment, but they seem to not want to do that.

Amen. BS should get into another conference that IS a member of the BCS, if they really think they are a NC contender. Doing otherwise is using the "Menendez Defense", that is, murder your parents and ask for leniency since you are an orphan. :D Their using the excuse that they cannot schedule other teams on their terms is laughable, at the least.

Boise State would be middle of the pack in the Big Ten and SEC.

Playing a conference schedule every week if MUCH harder than playing a team once a year.

Example, the University of Toledo, will play a Big Ten game most years, this year was Arizona, (not sure how that happened) anyways, they have wins over Penn State, Minnesota and probably a few others, but my point is, they CAN win the game from time to time, but that doesn't mean they can play in the Big Ten.

Any team can get up for one game, maybe even two, but to face stiff competition week after week is a different matter. Hell, even the berated BE teams win some of the games against the SEC, et. al. Beating a top-25 pretender should not be cause for all these delusions of grandeur that seem to be taking place about the also-ran conferences.

On another note, saw the OSU v Miami (wife is a huge buckeye fan) game and don't think either side has a thing to beg forgiveness for. Not sure what game some of you all saw, but apparently a different one than I saw. Pryor may not be the fastest runner in the world, but at his size, he is hard to tackle, so what is the point about his speed? Same thing for the U QB, I must have missed his dismal performance as well.

Just end the BCS and go to playoffs. Include all the Conference Champs along with a number of at-larges to make a 16-team playoff. Works in every other division.

Id still be happy with a top 4 playoff and leave the other bowls as is. Rarely a discussion after the top four on if someone "should" be in the game anyway.

Just end the BCS and go to playoffs. Include all the Conference Champs along with a number of at-larges to make a 16-team playoff. Works in every other division.

Paul and I had this all worked out about 4 years ago, I don't know how long threads last on the site and I'm not gonna look for them, but over all it was a pretty good idea. :up

Id still be happy with a top 4 playoff and leave the other bowls as is. Rarely a discussion after the top four on if someone "should" be in the game anyway.

Personally, I think it should be 4 games, 8 teams, played AFTER the bowl games.

Although my/our (Paul) (compliments to Goose) was to get to 16 teams.
I think that would be great as you can bicker all you want about the 16th team and 17th team, but in reality, 13-25 could be shuffled each week.
VS the 7-10th teams all have a right to then last bowl spot (in a eight team playoff) .

Center Ice Screw up

GREAT baseball read about Cuba and their plans on stopping defections

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)