2008 NFL Playoff Thread

I agree on both plays, but more on the stepping out of the end-zone, I was sitting there saying to my wife, why don't they throw the red flag, bad officiated game.

SportsCenter showed the endzone cam. Flacco didn't step out. The live angle did look like it though.

While much of the blame for the Panthers' loss can be laid at the feet of Delhomme, I thought their coaching staff was just as bad. After the back-to-back turnovers in the first half, you would think they would go back to their strength and start handing the ball off. Let Jake regroup. They shredded AZ on the first drive of the game. Instead DeAngelo Williams finished with 12 carries and Jonathon Stewart with only 3. Who would have thought that Arizona's best run defense would be the Panthers' coaching staff?

In addition, covering Larry Fitzgerald might be a good idea if you want to win!

Rooting for San Diego and (ugh) Philly today, just so AZ can get the home game.

Eagles win today

Chargers win today

IMO. I cant stomach the Ravens or Steelers going to the SuperBowl. So GO Chargers!!
And I would like to see a good ole bird fight. lol Eagles vs Cardinals.

I can't tell you how happy i'd be to see the steelers lose today at home in front of their fans. :)

I'm not going to gloat, since you are a friend of mine and I hold no grudge against you, but given all the barbs and criticisms that Arizona was getting over this playoff matchup, this feels great.

You know what, anders?

I may call off the avatar bet.

I feel pretty bad for you, and I don't want to see you suffer with a Cardinals avatar.

A bet is a bet. Don't let him off the hook.

Can we please give the Arizona Cards defense some credit??!!:confused: I mean it ain't no fluke they SHUTDOWN their two best weapons in Williams and Smith. The Cards played GREAT defense and FORCED the offense to become on dimensional and they read his eyes ALL day....the defense bent but didn't break.

:up:up:up

While much of the blame for the Panthers' loss can be laid at the feet of Delhomme, I thought their coaching staff was just as bad. After the back-to-back turnovers in the first half, you would think they would go back to their strength and start handing the ball off. Let Jake regroup. They shredded AZ on the first drive of the game. Instead DeAngelo Williams finished with 12 carries and Jonathon Stewart with only 3. Who would have thought that Arizona's best run defense would be the Panthers' coaching staff?
Exactly! The Panthers idiotically abandoned the running game before the game was out of hand. They had a series where AZ jumped offsides on the first play so it was 1st and 5. What do the Panthers do? Start throwing. That led to a 3 and out. You telling me with their backfield that they couldn't get 5 yards on 3 tries?

And Delhomme had nothing to do with the disgraceful performance from the defense. Here's a team with no running game and a pro bowl receiver out with an injury. How do the Panthers play them? Lots of soft zones that allowed Fitzgerald to run free and get wide open. Pitiful.

Giants miss Plex in the double teaming and freeing up other receivers; I am also very surprised at play calling today; seem to be extremely conservative and it's costing the Giants

The Eagles are looking like a very mediocre team.

When you run for fewer than 50 yards, that is a MAJOR flaw.

IMO, the Eagles could not win in Arizona.

FAR too one-dimensional- I don't care about them being a dangerous #6 seed.

Unlike Baltimore, they have a non-existent running-game. They are like the Colts- live and die by the pass, and we all saw what happened to Indy.

if eagles get a td to start 4th, consider this game done . . . i cannot see the giants offense, which has been absent most of the game, all of sudden turn it around

What Are the Mets Thinking?

Any of your teams have special food-related promotions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)