2 questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ultravox

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2005
Chicago South Suburbs
1. I see on Lyngsat on some of the satellites there is feeds (nbc feeds etc..) I cant get any of them. I do a blind scan and i never see those feeds on the chanel list. Am i doing something wrong?

2. On G10 the volume is very low on most stations. IS this me or is it the Satellite?

1/ Feeds come and go in minutes, and may not come back for days, thats why a blind scan receiver is such a great tool.

2/ Not noticed this.

1. On AMC1, the satellite is offset about 20-25 degrees, don't remember which way though.. You can adjust your skew and probably improve your signal strength for this satellite. That will make the other satellites become off though, so you would have to re-adjust when you go somewhere else. But, the NBC feeds on this satellite are using 4:2:2, so you need a STB that's 4:2:2 compliant or some type of PC card to get them.

2. I've noticed the volumn level varies on different channels, some are extremely different. But, I haven't noticed that most are very low.

Al

really want feeds?

If you really want feeds blind scan around "news times" 6-8 am CST and around 4-6 pm cst. You have a couple of hours in there because you have several time zones around the US.

voomvoom said:
1. On AMC1, the satellite is offset about 20-25 degrees, don't remember which way though.. You can adjust your skew and probably improve your signal strength for this satellite. That will make the other satellites become off though, so you would have to re-adjust when you go somewhere else. But, the NBC feeds on this satellite are using 4:2:2, so you need a STB that's 4:2:2 compliant or some type of PC card to get them.

Its clockwise from what it should be (if you're standing in front of the dish). When I hooked up the T90 I skewed it different and got a BUNCH of feeds that I have NEVER seen before. Since the T90 is skewed already, this was on top of that.

Saturday there were probably 15 feeds on that bird alone. Coolsat motorized scanned 2. Pansat with skewed LNB got all of them.

Most of the feeds are 4:2:0. The NBC channels are 4:2:2 :)

Yeah, the NBC stuff on AMC1 is 4:2:2. They come in great for me on my Twinhan 102g.

Iceberg-

AMC1 is skewed different from everything in the arc (or skewed out of arc, haha)? I seem to be getting a good bit of stuff with my motorized dish and letting it skew itself...however, I did notice some of the TPs are very weak (in the 60s!). I'm guessing this is why. So, a fixed, skewed dish would hit it better, I'm assuming. That's interesting.

AMC1 is skewed different from everything in the arc (or skewed out of arc, haha)?
Yes it is skewed differently

I seem to be getting a good bit of stuff with my motorized dish and letting it skew itself...however, I did notice some of the TPs are very weak (in the 60s!). I'm guessing this is why.
I think the Coolsat just isn’t hitting them. I know the Pansat will hit the weak TP’s on a blind scan but just not bring in any channels.

So, a fixed, skewed dish would hit it better, I'm assuming. That's interesting.
It worked well for me. Still have some tweaking to do but most TP’s are in the 45-55 range for the feeds (30 is threshold on Pansat)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Protection from lightning

Math nerd question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts