2 Dish DVR's in the house

ScottA83

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
I'm a long-time Dish subscriber with a 622 DVR connected to 1 HD TV and a SD TV, a 211 HD receiver to a second HD TV, and a SD receiver (8XX) to a second SD TV. I had a Replay DVR on the second HDTV (it could not record HD) that recently broke. I'm thinking about replacing the 211 and SD receiver with a 722 DVR. I know several people here have multiple DVR's so I hope I can get some answers to some questions:

1) I assume there are multiple frequencies that can be set so the remote for the 622's TV2 doesn't impact the 722's TV2. My 622 TV2 is using an alternate freq because of interference; am I out of luck on the other DVR?

2) Is there any legal method to get recorded shows off the DVR to a computer or handheld device? The Replay had great programs for transferring shows.

3) I think my purchasing options are to either get the DVR from Dish with a 2 year commitment or to buy off eBay (or something similar). Are there additional monthly fees for having a second DVR?

All comments welcome and appreciated.

// Scott A

I'm a long-time Dish subscriber with a 622 DVR connected to 1 HD TV and a SD TV, a 211 HD receiver to a second HD TV, and a SD receiver (8XX) to a second SD TV. I had a Replay DVR on the second HDTV (it could not record HD) that recently broke. I'm thinking about replacing the 211 and SD receiver with a 722 DVR. I know several people here have multiple DVR's so I hope I can get some answers to some questions:

1) I assume there are multiple frequencies that can be set so the remote for the 622's TV2 doesn't impact the 722's TV2. My 622 TV2 is using an alternate freq because of interference; am I out of luck on the other DVR?

2) Is there any legal method to get recorded shows off the DVR to a computer or handheld device? The Replay had great programs for transferring shows.

3) I think my purchasing options are to either get the DVR from Dish with a 2 year commitment or to buy off eBay (or something similar). Are there additional monthly fees for having a second DVR?

All comments welcome and appreciated.

// Scott A

1. Don't know

2. You can buy a PocketDish. That's pretty much about it.

3. You'll pay another DVR fee. That's it. Your bill may actually go down, because you're dropping 2 receivers and only adding one...

You can change remote addresses for the TV2 remotes so that both are different.

No HD Locals = Free Premium Chans

Dish Pro Plus separator

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)