125 W glaxy & AMC 21 in a fixed dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

carlospr43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
US
I have set AMC 21 125W Ku band with a 54" fixed dish. I'm getting almost anything on this sat incluing all the S2 such as Montana PBS, LPBS 1,2,3 and OETA 1,2 with good strength and quality. Will it be possible to change the KU bracket to a C-band bracket and use a DMX741 and a conical ring so I can try to get both band???

Yes, it's worth a try. When I was doing both C/Ku on a 4 foot dish, I couldn't get the Ku band successfully at all, so I abandoned the combo lnbf and went with strictly C-band on the 4 footer. Your dish is larger, so you may well have better luck. Worse case scenario is you'll have to swap out lnbf's when you want the other band. :)
Another plus is that your dish is fixed and can be micro-tuned, compared with a motorized dish. Sounds a like a fine project that doesn't cost much to try.
:)

Yes, it's worth a try. When I was doing both C/Ku on a 4 foot dish, I couldn't get the Ku band successfully at all, so I abandoned the combo lnbf and went with strictly C-band on the 4 footer. Your dish is larger, so you may well have better luck. Worse case scenario is you'll have to swap out lnbf's when you want the other band. :)
Another plus is that your dish is fixed and can be micro-tuned, compared with a motorized dish. Sounds a like a fine project that doesn't cost much to try.
:)

Thanks a lot friend, thats what I though! I already have the 741 so I think its a worth a try!! Thanks

are you looking to keep it at 125W?

If so the only C-Band in the clear is the TBN mux (Church Channel, Smile of a Child and JCTV). But a dish that size you can try. I dont know how well the footprint is for most of them in the carribean though

It is a good experiment that I would try myself. However in the process I predict that you will lose your weakest S2 signal on ku. Unless you enjoy the religion channels, you will end up putting it all back to your original install and saving your C-band lnb for another dish or satelite. For me, it is not about watching the channels, it is all about tweeking in order to be able to receive the channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

:::SPECIALS::: From WS International

multi-tuner dvb-s2 cards

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)