Status
Please reply by conversation.

beer4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2009
Gowganda North Ontario
It's been about 10 days now , and , I think the best way for me to solve locating these 2 birds is to consult the experts here , and make sure I have all the correct info. I have a 39" dish with an sg2100 motor , and an openbox receiver , as well as a visionsat [ yup , I tried both ] . I have located sats from 72w to 97w and sats inbetween with no problem [ motor or manual ]. Just to be sure , I also have a manual dish [ 36" ] , and can locate all of these as well. However , 123/125 have been totally elusive to either dish. I am using a circular lnbf . 1- is this the correct lnb ? 2- Is the correct lnb setting 9750/10600 ? On 125 I am using 12180 tp to locate the bird, is this correct ? I know where they should be , but , no luck yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

You will need a Linear LNB . the LOF you posted is for a Linear Universal LNB, prefer a Standard one with a LOF 10750. The LOF has to do with the lnb and not the sat you are aiming at. The type of lnb has to do with the sat you want.

In addition to what Magic Static said above, once you install your linear LNB, I suspect you will also have to realign your motor set-up. With your existing lnb, you should have received some type of signal (assuming you are on the right TP) from 119W. While you still have the circular lnb installed, set your LOF to 11250 and set the TP to 12224V (R) and then pan the western sky for signals. You should recieve signal at 82, 91, 110, and 119. They will be encrypted signals but it will let you know if your motor settings are close. If your new linear LNB is in place, set the LOF to 10750 and you should receive signal from the same TP above on the same satellites. With the linear LNB, your motor settings will need to be more precise than the circular lnb. Then go further west to grab 12180V from 125 (linear LNB only).

That sounds like something I can get my teeth into. I gotta wait a couple of days , 'cause we got some early spring wet snow. as soon as I get done , I'll post with the results. I really appreciate your help guys. Thanks.

At long last , I am reporting that I have succeeded . [ For the most part ] . It did take a lot of time and patience . I did have to settle for medium signals , as even a 1 degree change , meant that I would get , or , not get , the sats at either the east or west limits. The sats in the centre [ around true south ] were no problem . However , I can report that , all are in the reliable range . Thanks for all the help .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Review: WS International ESX-242 Dual C-band LNB

can i use my viewsat ultra reciever?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)