121 satellite lnbf????

MMK

Original poster
Aug 8, 2004
Hello everyone....i'm based in the caribbean....have 1.2 m pointing to 119, 1.2 m pointing to 61.5 and 1.8m pointing to 110. all have legacy dual lnbf with sw64 switch. on 61.5 certain channels have been moved to different transponders and since the signal is quite week( guess for my location) cannot pick up those channels. so i have moved my dish to 121, changed the lnbf to a universal one(fortec star) at 45 degree angle and getting a decent signal. got the channels that were missing on 61.5, but i can only catch all this with FTA, cable running straight from the dish. i have a 301.10 and 501. I hooked up my 301 to the 121, did a check switch and it does not recognise the 121. then i checked mark superdish and did check switch, it recognises 121 but do not get a locked signal on all polarities. now my question is which lnbf will work for a 301 reciver on 121 with a sw 64 switch. have i to change the other 119 and 110 to dishpro and use a DP34 switch(have one in spare). Please help.
thanks a lot.
mmk.

I'll take a wild guess here.

I believe what you said:

- You are using larger generic dishes for 119, 110, and 121, do to your location.
- You are using generic (non-legacy, non-DishPro) LNBF on these dishes.
- You are using a SW64 switch to feed a 301 or 501.

After checking SuperDish, you were able to pick up everything, but not BOTH polarities on 121. This probably has to do with your system was looking for the transponders being BANDSTACKED, which your generic LNBF does not support, nor does the SW64.

Since you are not using a SuperDish 121, but a generic LNBF, I think I would try unchecking SuperDish, but instead - check Alternative (if available), then run Check Switch again. You may need to do this a couple of times, and it may be better if you disconnect everything and ran the check switch first to clear the info.

You may also want to try a DiSEqC switch, but it may be more trouble than its worth if you are trying to feed two DishPro receivers.

What will work?

The DishPro 34 Switch (DP34) and the DishPro Plus 44 Switch (DPP44) will work with DishPro LNBF, DishPro Plus LNBF, SuperDish 121 LNBF, and SuperDish 105 LNBF. EDIT: But will not work with legacy and other non-DishPro LNBF's.

I may be wrong, but I don't think Dish calls some of the LNBF's on the SuperDish a DishPro, but they are compatible as a DishPro LNBF. Likewise, I suspect the same is true for the LNBF used for 118.75W on the Dish 500+ and Dish 1000+.

Bottom Line:
A SuperDish 121 with a DP34 swtich; or maybe
A SuperDish 121 with a DPP44 switch and a Dish 500 for 61.5; or maybe
A Dish 500+ with a DP34, if your programming has moved to 118.75.

thanks a lot for the reply...i shall chk it out...for the 121 i tried legacy lnbf and it does not catch 121.....then tried universal lnbf that catches the signal...and now i am gonna try linear lnbf...i shall let you know of the out come.

thanks once again

Sports Pack

Arianespace rocket launches 2 satellites

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts