110 help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

athenslb57

Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
I was at my college football tailgate this weekend and had trouble getting the 110 bird. I was able to get 101 at 97% but could only get 0% on 110 for the HD channels. I tried different coax connections but I can only assume it was a fine tuning issue. I setup the tilt and elevation according to the receiver (H21) by inputting the zip. BTW, I was working with a slimline dish. Any suggestions?

I don't know why that wouldn't work but since the HD channels on 110 and 119 are now mirrored on 99/103 (and will soon disappear), you should try the new channel assignments (although the tuning will be more critical).

Rather than using the receiver numbers, I'd recommend using dishpointer.com to get numbers for the stadium (you should be able to pinpoint a parking spot).

It may be notable that Lyngsat has taken 110W out of their DIRECTV listings.

As Bob alluded to, tailgating is going to become a very tedious process if you want HD channels.

Quick question...during the satellite setup process to get the settings from the receiver, what type of dish did you select, and what type of dish were you using?

My guess would be that the pole wasn't plumb and/or the tilt settings were off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Local ABC SD affiliate/ pixelation/video link included

Getting an upgrade tomorrow