11 year old DISH Joey -- using WiFi but want to change it to Ethernet

CodB

Original poster
Oct 9, 2009
CO
The built-in WiFi in our 11 year old DISH Joey is painfully slow. It has an Ethernet connection that it was using for 10 years and 10 months. But somehow, the Joey got reconfigured to use WiFi (which has a 20-character password!). It's telling me that Ethernet is connected but is DISABLED and there does not appear to be any way to make it "forget" the WiFi password. The 11 year old Hopper had also switched to WiFi. There was no obvious way to force the Hopper to use Ethernet again other than entering an incorrect WiFi password. And I did do that. The Hopper now reports that it has a functioning Ethernet connection with no WiFi connection. I have removed power from the Joey for a minute so it would restart from scratch and it came back up with WiFi again. How do I force the Joey to use Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi? There are 2 other Joeys that use Ethernet with no problems. Only this Joey connecting to WiFi is painfully slow (like sometimes 5-10 minute delays to buffer programs on the DVR so they play without skips/pauses).

The built-in WiFi in our 11 year old DISH Joey is painfully slow. It has an Ethernet connection that it was using for 10 years and 10 months. But somehow, the Joey got reconfigured to use WiFi (which has a 20-character password!). It's telling me that Ethernet is connected but is DISABLED and there does not appear to be any way to make it "forget" the WiFi password. The 11 year old Hopper had also switched to WiFi. There was no obvious way to force the Hopper to use Ethernet again other than entering an incorrect WiFi password. And I did do that. The Hopper now reports that it has a functioning Ethernet connection with no WiFi connection. I have removed power from the Joey for a minute so it would restart from scratch and it came back up with WiFi again. How do I force the Joey to use Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi? There are 2 other Joeys that use Ethernet with no problems. Only this Joey connecting to WiFi is painfully slow (like sometimes 5-10 minute delays to buffer programs on the DVR so they play without skips/pauses).
Your Joey is a Joey 1, which is obsolete. Update it to a Joey 2

Reactions: charlesrshell

Preferred Customer Offer?

Joey2 or H3 issue with black screen