1000.2 with dead switch

mmcl26554

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Northern WV
Our Son has purchased a home. It has a Dish 1000.2 with triple LNBF [110, 119,129]. I took my 508 out of my Motor Home and a small portable TV to check out the system. The receiver found an SW42 switch and said it was probably defective. I connected to the second line from the antenna but the receiver never found a signal and the check switch also failed as it wanted to count down to 38. So, could the internal switch be bad? I'm going to check at the antenna with my signal strength meter and see if there is a signal. I can also take the receiver and TV out to the antenna and connect there. I do have a DP44 switch which I am not using and could connect to the LNBF's which I think is allowed and may work if the LNBF's are good. Any suggestions regarding testing the 1000.2 would be appreciated.
M

What happens when you connect the receiver to an Antenna? Also a few things I would check to be safe (house just purchased, and no info as to the condition) is the cabling to make sure a SW42 isn't installed somewhere, and I would also confirm the dish is pointed correctly.

Look at the LNBs on the dish do they have a DP? Both a SW42 and a check switch count of 38 is an indication of Legacy system. A DPP44 won't work with Legacy LNBs.

There is no SW42 in this system, however, there is in my Motor Home. So, the 508 has old switch information which it is not clearing. I have read in other posting the way to clear this information is to start the receiver with NO antenna attached, run check switch, and let it finish the count this should clear the old information. A Dish CSR told me just put in a different Zip code and that should clear it also. I will try that first and if it doesn't work then run check switch without an antenna.

Changing the zip code didn't work but letting in count to 38 without an antenna connected did! The receiver now did a successful check switch with the usual count to 4 and the receiver successfully connected, hoooraaay! Problem solved!

When you move the 508 back to the RV, you'll need to run the check switch again. When changing from one dish to another always run a Check Switch with nothing connected to clear the receiver's switch matrix. This is particularly important when going from a Dish
Pro LNB to a legacy LNB (pro uses a slightly higher voltage).
Minet

I wish Dish would fix their firmware so the receiver would adapt more quickly to a different switch instead of having to slowly count up to 38. Thanks for the heads up.
M

Any info on Cinergy Metronet?

21.0 Remote learning problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)