1 reciever, 2 TV's in 2 diff rooms, wanting to change tv's

coalminer

Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
O.K. Heres my quetion. I live in a duplex and live on the left hand side of the house. My satellite is yard mounted on the right side of the house. Dish had to drill through the foundation on my side of the house to get the cable in my side. They did this by routing the satellite cable through the gutter to get to my side of the house, down the gutter and drilled a hole into my side of the basement and right up into my bedroom.

Dish installed the 322 reciever to my bedroom TV and set it to pick up the satellite on Channel 3. Dish programmed my living room TV to the same reciever, but set it up to pick up the satellite signal on channel 73. I have 2 remotes, and I can watch different channels on both TV's.

I just bought a new RCA 52" HDTV and I am trying to install it myself in my living room, but it is proving to be harder than I thought. The new TV is not cooperating. I tried doing the auto search for channels on both "Cable" and "UHF/Antenna" mode and sometimes it finds the signal and sometimes it doesn't. It has now found my satellite on channel 60 using "UHF/Antenna" setting. I am leaving it as this for now.

I looked on my bedroom TV (the one with the reciever) and looked at the Modulator Setup in the menu. It lists TV1 OUT for Channel 3 and TV2 OUT for channel 60 Air. (Cable is not checked)

I am having a couple major problems with the new TV and satellite. One is my DVD/VCR combo. I have it installed like the manual says, but every time I finish watching a movie...I have to go through channel setup again to keep searching for a signal...it is not storing in the system. I think this is a separate problem.

I'm wondering how hard it would be to move my reciever into my living room for my HDTV. I was told I would have better reception with the reciever on that TV. If I move the reciever to the living room (extending the cable from the satellite that is now in my bedroom through the basement into the living room) and just reversing my setup, I'm trying to figure out how to make this work.

Would I have to do anything with the reciever setup to accomplish this? I'm saying now...TV1 is my bedroom TV. If I change it, TV1 would be my living room TV and TV2 would be my bedroom TV. Opposite of what it is now. Would simply swapping this setup make my bedroom TV pick up the signal by channel 60? Would I simply move everything to where I want and do a channel search with each TV to find the appropriate signal? either by "cable" or "air"

Does any of this make sense? If I need to clarify anything...please let me know.

Thanks in advance for the help...if any.

Doug

Whatever channel your 322 says to tune the TV to, that's what you tune it to. You mention the 322 showing channel 60, but you're tuning to channel 73? Don;t bother with the auto-search, just tune the TV to channel 60. IT should pick it up, if not then the problem is somewhere else.

In order to reverse the setup, you'll need to run the wire that is going to your bedroom, to the living room so that the receiver seees the satellite signal.

The easiest way is to find a way to store Channel 60 Air or Channel 73 Cable on your TV. It's not storing the channel so you're having to do the auto program everytime you watch a video.

You CAN have TV1 be the living room but the wiring would be more difficult than just storing the channel in your living room TV to keep it as TV2.

S.A.R. you missed that he wants to use the "good" outputs of the 322 to drive the HDTV.

That's why he wants to swap, but of course, there's just no point - ANY output of a 322 is going to be pretty lousy on a big-screen - that's just the nature of SD receivers on HDTVs.

I think he should just fuggedaboudit until he can get a HD receiver.

How to output 2 different channels (PIP) from a single receiver like the 921?

Why MPEG4??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)