1 IR remote and 2 IR/UHF remotes on VIP222 with three TV's

yersign

Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
North Central Illinois
I have a VIP222 receiver and three TV's. Main HD TV is set to use 20.0 IR remote. Second NON-HD TV in the upstairs bedroom uses 21.0 IR/UHF PRO remote. Can I program a second 21.0 IR/UHF remote to operate the third TV, located in our lower basement family room, which is also a NON-HD TV?

You always beat me to the few interesting threads.

Make sure you split the output to tv2 to get that basement tv hooked up.

I have the basement TV split and functioning fine. My problem is changing the address of the second UHF remote. The ViP222 receiver System Info screen states Secondry Remote Address as "3" for remote 2 UHF Pro Band A. The only instructions I could locate to change the address on the second UHF remote state to press the SAT button till it lights up. Then press the desired address (I assume "3" to match what the receiver system info says), then press # on the remote. The SAT button should then blink several times. It didn't blink several times and the address change was not successful. Is there a better process I should use? MUCH THANKS FOR ANY ASSISTANCE!!!!!!!

I have the basement TV split and functioning fine. My problem is changing the address of the second UHF remote. The ViP222 receiver System Info screen states Secondry Remote Address as "3" for remote 2 UHF Pro Band A. The only instructions I could locate to change the address on the second UHF remote state to press the SAT button till it lights up. Then press the desired address (I assume "3" to match what the receiver system info says), then press # on the remote. The SAT button should then blink several times. It didn't blink several times and the address change was not successful. Is there a better process I should use? MUCH THANKS FOR ANY ASSISTANCE!!!!!!!
press and hold the SAT button till all four buttons at the top light up, then follow the rest of the steps you have listed.

Dish upselling to AT250

How to connect additional remote to Dish 510?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)