0ne cable for comcast/sat and 2nd tv

Jeff lost in cable

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2005
Hi,
I’m not really into this stuff .
I’m getting dish network next week. Live in a condo so all the wire is pre wired.
The main TV big screen room only has one cable I can’t run another wire but it’s cable is a separate feed from the cable Junctions box. The 522 is to be placed in the main TV room. We need to keep Comcast on this same line also. Then using a Radio shack A/V Signal Sender (wireless) we hope to send the 2nd tuner to bedroom TV. Including Comcast. I know with DTV you can use multiplexes to send cable and sat on same wire.
The salesman said all this will work. He showed me a drawing that had 1 cable going to a splitter than to two inputs on the 522. Well after reading here it looks like he’s blowing smoke? Is there a way to really do this on one wire?
Thanks
Jeff

Welcome to Satelliteguys.us :) .
I think you can combine Cable and Sat on one line as long as its RG6 using diplixers but you will only be able to run one "tuner" of the Sat. I dont think he can hook up both tuners of a 522 and cable.
I could be wrong, if so I'm sure someone on here will clear it up. :)

I forgot to state that they do make a DPP LNB and a DPP44 switch that combine Sat signal into one line but I'm not sure if you can use diplixers to add cable signal to that line also.

Wireless A/V signal sender units

Tim,
Thanks for the reply. I'll look into the DPP LNB and a DPP44 thanks.
I was thinking about the A/V signal sender untis They work very well.I used then to send cable TV to another room as a test. I was thinking why can't I use them as the 2nd cable from the dish to the 522 then I can get another set of them to send it to the 2nd TV?

Jeff

A/V repeaters won't work for many reasons.

Satellite ain't cable, let alone a TV's RF single channel output - which is all the repeater can handle.

DPPlus gear will almsot certainly cost you extra money.

In addition, you will have difficulty sharing the cable between the 522 TV2 and Comcast and/or any kind of satellite feed.

157 degrees

acceptable signal strength

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)