Three Hoppers

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
Sorry to post this here and in the Hopper forum as well, however, I thought I might get more help here as more people look at this forum. I have two Hoppers now and I have ordered a third. I have a few questions about installing the third Hopper.
I have a 1000.2 Eastern Arc with a Twin LNBF with three outputs.
I have ordered two DPP44's and a Solo Node. I also have a DPP33 that I would like to use after the DPP44, as it does not require a power supply however, I read where the 1000.2 Twin LNBF will not work with a DPP33, however, I thought that since I was cascading the switches that it might work, does anyone know?
Currently, since I have two Hoppers, there are three lines coming in from the dish into a Duo Node. Someone responded that I just need to use two with the DPP44, so does it matter which two I use and in which order I put them (i.e. does 61.5 have to be on input 1 or 2 and 72.7 on input 1 or 2, or does it matter) I am not sure which is which now, they are not labeled.
Below is a diagram of the proposed wiring that I plan to do. I would appreciate anyone's input that might be familiar with how to install this setup. Thanks in advance.

3 Hopper Setup.jpg

That is actually a modified version of the diagram I made nearly two years ago.

post-93397-136593761936.jpg

Your setup would be virtually identical except for 72.7 on port 1 and 61.5 on port 2. DPP33 will work without any issues.

That is actually a modified version of the diagram I made nearly two years ago.

post-93397-136593761936.jpg

Your setup would be virtually identical except for 72.7 on port 1 and 61.5 on port 2. DPP33 will work without any issues.
Yes, I found this diagram from a Google search, it was on DBSTalk. I didn't know it was yours, it is very good. Thanks for the help.

I will have to try and decipher which cable is from which port. Maybe I can use a process of elimination after I get it wired. It appears that the EA 1000.2 Twin has two outputs for 72.7 from what I have read, I wonder if it matters which one I use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think it matters that much. If it were me I'd just put a 72.7 cable on port 1 and the 61.5 cable on port 2. Also, you'll only need two cables between the two switches.

Glad to help :)

Thanks a lot 3Halo, I appreciate your help a lot. Thanks for the diagram, it is excellent. There is (that I have found in my searching) no more comprehensive diagram out there. It is almost as if Dish wishes to keep the ability, and the needed wiring for three Hoppers "hidden."
I would think they would welcome more customers having three or more Hoppers as it increases revenue from the equipment fee ($12 vs $7 for Joey, or $10 for SJ).
Anyway, I appreciate your help and response very much.
I will try to hunt down which output is which, once I remove the third line from the equation I have a 50% chance to get it on the first try :)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Just hook up all 3 lines to the first switch, and run a check switch on a hopper connected to that switch. In the results page it will tell you which feed is connected to port1, port2, etc. At that point you can remove your duplicate 72.7 feed and you'll be all set. Or, you can also leave it connected. Won't cause any issues.

You should see my four-Hopper diagram :) . I'll post it next chance I get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

You should see my four-Hopper diagram :) . I'll post it next chance I get.

Isn't all you need to modify, is to have a duo node in place of the single and a third line from the DPP33 (or the second DPP44) to that duo node?

Would anyone happen to know, once I get this third Hopper set up, can I just call anyone at Dish to activate it in lieu of my 3rd Joey I currently have, or is there a specific department within Dish that would be more familiar with activating a 3rd Hopper on an account.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure. I appreciate the help.

Isn't all you need to modify, is to have a duo node in place of the single and a third line from the DPP33 (or the second DPP44) to that duo node?

Yup.

Would anyone happen to know, once I get this third Hopper set up, can I just call anyone at Dish to activate it in lieu of my 3rd Joey I currently have, or is there a specific department within Dish that would be more familiar with activating a 3rd Hopper on an account.

I just used the chat to get mine activated.

With 9 tuners and beyond SWM gets pretty complicated too.

And let's keep in mind the Dish use of EHDs is "cleaner."

Every method has it's trade offs.

Here is a my wiring diagram that spots four birds in the never after with four HWSs and one original Joey. I am out of room, don't know how I am going to fit in a Wireless Joey when I get it installed.

HopperDiagram-Pri-PTAT-new.jpg

It will be easy. Just use the supplied ethernet cable to come off of the closest Hopper and that's about it. No cables or anything else needed really except for an open spot to plug in the power.

It will be easy. Just use the supplied ethernet cable to come off of the closest Hopper and that's about it. No cables or anything else needed really except for an open spot to plug in the power.
Thanks for the tip. But it is the HDTV the Wireless Joey is attached to that will be the problem. I guess I could use the SDTV spot or just not show the Wireless Joey.

Dish 1000.2 with SW21

Please for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts