System outage planned this weekend.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
So now I am working on getting ready to transfer things.

Since this server is also our DNS server I am moving our DNS records over to GoDaddy. This could take awhile to propagate and can cause issues.

But I am setting the TTL to low now so when I do move us, the cutover will be rather quick. :)

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
Ok missing graphics are back. :D

The thing that is holding me back now is waiting for the DNS to update. Once that starts going out I can start moving us to the new server.

Scott your care of this site over the many years is unparalleled. Thank-you. :hatsoff

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Scott your care of this site over the many years is unparalleled. Thank-you. :hatsoff
This is my baby. It's like those who have a classic car, you want to keep it up to keep it running the best it can be.

I could be like other sites and just set it up and let it run, but what fun is that?

It's a labor of love. :D

Juan

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
This is just a heads up

When I try to post I get an error message saying you can't post...but then it posts...problem is I tried the same post 4 or 5 times thinking it didnt go..all attempts showed up as posts despite the error message

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well while I am waiting for the DNS issue to work itself out I am going to go take a break and get something to eat. I really have been sitting here since 4:30 am. :D

If the DNS issue does not solve itself by 7 PM ET, then I will keep the site running as is. (Which seems ok now...) and will move it tomorrow night when I get home from work.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
This is just a heads up

When I try to post I get an error message saying you can't post...but then it posts...problem is I tried the same post 4 or 5 times thinking it didnt go..all attempts showed up as posts despite the error message
If you see it again try posting a screen shot. It happened to me once and said that PHP was missing a module and let me know which one... so I installed it into PHP and haven't seen that error again. :D

Reactions: Foxbat

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
Exactly what happened to me when we first came back.
As I said some things are still not working. But we are working on it. :D
And you fixed something. My "like" of navy's post did in fact show up even though I couldn't see it before.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
We were down again for a few minutes.

Support contacted me and said they had an idea and wanted to try something as they don’t want this issue happening to anyone else.

So I said sure. Was eating my Father’s Day dinner and when I was done came to the site to find a database error and the site down.

Guess that fix didn’t work. Lol!

I am not touching the server again tonight. Nor am I letting support back in.

We will move things tomorrow night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t Find Posts using SatelliteGuys safari

I like the fireworks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)