Diablo III

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
Played the open beta last week end. Man that was fun. It played and looked fantastic on my iMac. Got my copy per-ordered from BB. who else will be getting it?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I tried out the beta for a while. I got a key before the big weekend. It looked interesting, but I guess I'm just not in an Isometric Action RPG type of mood right now. Also I've got a big enough backlog of games, and with my next child coming soon, I think my gaming time is severely limited.

Good question. Anyone been able to actually connect to Battle.net servers, even if you just want to play by yourself?

My wife has been playing but at night she keeps getting kicked off with a message that the servers are going offline.

Last night was the first night she was playing without the server going down.

Normally it goes down between 11:30 and 2 am eastern time.

Playing as a Demon Hunter here. Somewhere in the middle of Act III. This takes me back to Diablo II and my college days!

I think I'll hold out for Torchlight 2. Virtually identical gameplay with likely significantly lower price and no obtrusive DRM. I can live without multiplayer.

I'm enjoying this game. Even enjoying playing the speculation game in the auction house.

I totally love this game!!! Have been to the auction house yet. I just started Act III Monday.

Played a little bit so far...only in Act II. I haven't even looked at the auction house or online play. I am not an online play person as I can not compete with the college dropout nerds who live with momma and play 24/7 as momma shoves pizzas and mountain dew in their face to keep the from bitching.

I am just blown away that people will pay money for virtual items in games. No way!!!!!!

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I am not an online play person as I can not compete with the college dropout nerds who live with momma and play 24/7 as momma shoves pizzas and mountain dew in their face to keep the from bitching.

I am just blown away that people will pay money for virtual items in games. No way!!!!!!

I'm not either. I get creamed when I play Call Of Duty, or Resistance multiplayer. I have just been playing single player for now. I will venture into Coop multiplayer soon. I agree with your comment about the live with mama boys. I'm sure most of those geeks were level 60 within a few days.

Auction house is the only way to get good gear with any reliability. Crafting with its major RNG component is a huge moneys ink (in my experience). Much better to spend my gold in the auction house than to give it to the blacksmith for items that suck.

Played a little bit so far...only in Act II. I haven't even looked at the auction house or online play. I am not an online play person as I can not compete with the college dropout nerds who live with momma and play 24/7 as momma shoves pizzas and mountain dew in their face to keep the from bitching.

Online is great in this... you are on a quest, you click public games and with that single click you are dropped into a game with people on the same quest. You can teleport right to where they are at in the game world and proceed to melt faces.

In other worlds, there's no matchmaking... waiting for people to be available... and then it starting a fresh game and you start from square one. You can drop in for 20 minutes, and drop back out without ruining anyone's day or session by having to wait for another, and the monsters increase and decrease in power to compensate.

There's no loot disputes or problems, because all of the loot that drops is yours, you don't see anyone elses and they don't see yours. You don't get less loot vs playing solo because of this either.

None of the stupid video gamer stereotype stuff you brought up applies, as PVP hasn't been introduced... which will just be arenas or something.

Fastest selling PC game ever. 3.5m the first 24 hours. 6.3m the first week.

This is how you deliver on hype.

Somewhere, Duke Nukem is crying.

meStevo said:
Online is great in this... you are on a quest, you click public games and with that single click you are dropped into a game with people on the same quest. You can teleport right to where they are at in the game world and proceed to melt faces.

In other worlds, there's no matchmaking... waiting for people to be available... and then it starting a fresh game and you start from square one. You can drop in for 20 minutes, and drop back out without ruining anyone's day or session by having to wait for another, and the monsters increase and decrease in power to compensate.

There's no loot disputes or problems, because all of the loot that drops is yours, you don't see anyone elses and they don't see yours. You don't get less loot vs playing solo because of this either.

None of the stupid video gamer stereotype stuff you brought up applies, as PVP hasn't been introduced... which will just be arenas or something.

Fastest selling PC game ever. 3.5m the first 24 hours. 6.3m the first week.

This is how you deliver on hype.

Somewhere, Duke Nukem is crying.

Do you use The same Hero in single and multiplayer?

Duke who????;)

Do you use The same Hero in single and multiplayer?

Duke who????;)

Yes. There really no difference between single and multi player, just the option to play it solo, and the game scales enemies HP and power to compensate, also increasing the experience rewards.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

meStevo said:
Yes. There really no difference between single and multi player, just the option to play it solo, and the game scales enemies HP and power to compensate, also increasing the experience rewards.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the info. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Play 900 classic arcade games in your web browser

T’s Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Multiplayer Review (X360)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)